Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, November 1, 2020

BOMs Away - Fiesta Mexico

 


Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Hi! Still fighting Covid, so I'm getting plenty of TV time and hand stitching done.

Block 5 for my Fiesta Mexico is finished. I think it must be a corn motif. 
It's about 13" square.


Want a reminder of what this quilt looks like?
It's a Karen Kay Buckley pattern.


So far, I have these blocks appliqued:



And now I'm happily into a cute turtles block for Octopuses Garden. These long-term hand projects make me lose my mojo if I try making myself stick with only the one, so I alternate them. Works nicely at keeping the interest fresh.

If I don't have a Covid "dip" day tomorrow, I will actually try some long arming for 30 minutes after lunch. I put my partially quilted Halloween UFO quilt on the frame at the beginning of October, but rapid-advance cancer, a funeral, and Covid stole the entire month from longarming time, so it sits there untouched. I don't want to take it off again until it's finished, so I'm going to start putting in tiny bits of time each day until it is. Hopefully I'll get some of my energy back in time to do enough work to finish that quilt and finish the piecing and quilting of Marissa's graduation quilt on time for that mile marker in December.  :)

~*~*~*~

Have you been able to do any BOM type work lately? We'd love to see it.  :)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Fiesta Mexico is going to be AMAZING! I can see the "corn" vision too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you've had Covid. I hope you get back to full health soon so you can get back to doing the things you love in full force. I agree the block you're working on looks like corn. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You've contracted COVID-19?! I'm so sorry to hear this! Apparently it's gotten you down, if you're not able to stand very long to longarm quilt. I hope your whole family didn't contract it, but quarantining oneself within a family isn't easy either. Blessings for a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, just don't overdo. You always select the prettiest projects to work on, Fiesta Mexico is lovely, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I’m so sorry you’ve been sick. I had to back up to your previous post to get the details. I read yesterday that the virus is so firmly entrenched and widespread in our country that contract tracing has become useless. Such a bummer. Hope you feel better soon. And I remembered to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you are so sick with Covid. Ugh! But Fiesta Mexico is beautiful. And I’m glad you have some hand-piecing projects you can work on while convalescing.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure hope you feel much better soon! Thanks for stopping by at my blog; I didn't know about your linky party til now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this quilt in person at a quilt show and it was stunning. BUt, it looked very difficult - I am sure you will make an equally stunning quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.