Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, November 9, 2020

BOMs Away - Another Loss, and some Turtles


Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Sorry to be late. We are reeling here. Scott's father has now also passed away from Covid and ensuing pneumonia (contracted at the funeral for Mom). I don't even have any words for this, or for the family turmoil we are all feeling. I would say this: Think long and very hard before having any funeral or memorial service during this surge in the pandemic. Too many attendees will be medically vulnerable to the disease, and you can't know who may be carrying it, or whether it's present in the facilities.


I am still actively sick. It was overly optimistic to think I'd be able to start back into any creative work that demands more energy than hand stitching. And so, I have another Octopuses Garden block finished - Block 5, with the turtles wreath. 12" finished block.


Ready to go up on the wall until the full set is put together - then I'll pull each one down and do the embroidery work on it. This one gets fun coral "things" stitched in, with what I believe are called bullion stitches. Also, a few little details on the turtles, oysters, and starfish.

Here's what this quilt will grow up to look like:



That will be at least a couple years more. I have this much appliqued so far: 



I do sincerely hope that you stay well, and that your families come through this pandemic whole.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your losses. I hope that you and Scott are on the mend and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I hope the passage of time will give you peace with the memories of your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - sending so many virtual hugs and comforting thoughts to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepest sympathy for all. Indeed... virtual life and healing energy for you and the others who got sick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your losses! You are giving wise advice about foregoing funerals until we get this pandemic under control. And I’m sorry you continue to feel ill.

    Your Octopus Garden quilt is so lovely and so ambitious.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virtual hugs and soothing thoughts to help you find your way through the shadows you must be feeling. Look to the butterflies and know that they are free of any suffering

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for the deaths of loved ones. I'm glad you do have the energy for hand applique, the block is very nice. Just don't push yourself, take time to fully recover, we don't want you to relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This is one of those horrible, nightmarish stories we've heard about that "happen to someone else." I'm extremely sorry for you and your family. Regret for holding Mom's funeral won't change anything, but your message may help others who have to make a decision. Thank you for your honesty in sharing all this. Any sort of sewing and quiltmaking are definitely secondary to what life is dealing everyone these days. I pray that the Lord delivers peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Lynette -- my heart aches for you and your family! Are you sick with COVID right now as well? Is anyone else still ill with the virus? You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Your Octopuses Garden project looks delightful, by the way -- those little turtles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette, sincerely wanting to hug you right now. This feels too close to home reading your story. This pandemic is real, and real people are affected by it.
    Sincerely I am sending prayers. I hope you will feel better soon. I cannot imagine mourning while still feeling ill yourself.
    Do you need to talk?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss, and I hope you will feel better soon too.
    Your project is a good way to focus on beautiful and pleasant work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.