Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, October 14, 2018

BOMs Away - The Mountain Climber Nutcracker in New Orleans, Garden District



Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hi there!  We got home from New Orleans today. What a fun week in shorts and sandals, stolen from a Colorado October.  :)    

I finished the applique for nutcracker 9 yesterday from the Sue Garman Classic Nutcracker patterns.  


He's a little fierce looking, eh?!  ha!  I'm pretty sure I'd get right out of his way if I came upon his path and his scowl.  :D

When he was finished, I went strolling around the Garden District for a few "Flat Stanley" type shots of him.

Here the Bavarian Mountain Climber poses in front of Sandra Bullock's New Orleans Swiss-architecture mansion:


A few door down, he poses at John Goodman's home:


A couple blocks away he shows you the front entrance at Anne Rice's mansion (the author of "Interview with a Vampire" and all kinds of other vampire/witch/ghost novels) before she moved to California in 2009:



A couple blocks from there he shows you the Bed & Breakfast we stayed in:


And he just had to show you The Ghost Manor, 3 doors down:


What a fun place! The Garden District shows that the French Quarter doesn't have all the Halloween fun. I missed getting a video of the skeletons' Rhapsody in Blue concert, but here's their Thriller show: 




Super fun private residence where the dad just loves his Halloween fun.  :)

~*~*~

Did you get some BOM work done, too?


Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,

and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in the big easy. You'll have good memories during the dreary dark days of winter. Hopefully you'll have some lovely fall weather first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip, and love that Nutcracker. I look forward to November and getting started on my BOM Nutcracker quilt myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nutcracker looks fabulous. What a lot of detail! He does, indeed, look fierce. Perhaps he doesn't really want to crack nuts and is trying to prevent people from making him do it, or perhaps he has to get his mouth ready to do the job. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.