Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, September 9, 2018

BOMs Away - Journey's End, some House attention, and a Doublet


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hello, everyone. I am so very sorry for the lapses in my blogging the past several weeks. (Thank you so much, Deana.)  My absence was all due to being entirely focused on the house remodeling and being so worn out from that, that I haven't done any sewing or blogging around it and family functioning.

Until today. It just occurred to me how appropos it is that I picked up a new-to-me BOM to work on that features house blocks.

I had seen a "Journey's End" quilt by Kim Diehl done up in the local quilt store, and was so intrigued at the "Whole is more than the Sum of the Parts" effect it had for me, that I bought all the original fabrics for it. What I mean by that is that every once in a blue moon, I am completely charmed by a quilt that is made up of fabrics I wouldn't choose and in a style that doesn't seem to be my favorite, and yet it pulls at me strongly for some reason.

So I got the first of six sets of 5 blocks put together:



I love the block-in-a-block approach.  :)

I had hoped to have all of our share of the remodel work finished today, as tomorrow I go back to work at my longarm in the afternoons - I have a really fun customer quilt to start up, but it's a gift, so I can't share that.  

How about a couple shots of house WIP? There are many things going on, but the most recent attention has been on these two works:

The skeleton of what will be a really pretty mantle. . . 



It will be getting these embellishments, 



but not until the white & glass mosaic tile that we decided to put in from floor to ceiling has been done. Demo will be involved here on that bottom portion. <fun>

And half the master suite has its crown molding now: 



It's going to take me a very long time to work my way around the room for its painting. . . so hard to get in every little nook and cranny without drips!  


A detail from before any caulking or painting

But man, my corners look amazing.  :D   <<Quilters make most excellent architectural detail workers!>>


Oh!  I did help my son-in-law make this short doublet over the past 4 weeks. 



He participates in SCA medieval fighting and society and wanted to use left-overs from his formal wedding doublet for one that he can wear on fight nights. He wants to keep the wedding doublet nice for banquets.




How are things at your place? Have you been able to do any BOM work lately? 


~*~*~

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.




3 comments:

  1. Your little houses are wonderful! Work on real houses always takes so long! You're making good progress and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renovations happening here, too. Messy but so worthwhile. (If you get a chance, we need our Aug/Sept 18 in 2018 link ups, please)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - just saw that you set up the link up!! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.