Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, September 16, 2018

BOMs Away - Journey's End and Sue Garman's Nutcracker #8


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hi, how are you doing? 

I got another set of the houses put together for my Journey's End project. 



And I'm totally in love with my Santa Nutcracker! Isn't he cool? He's block 8 of Sue Garman's Classic Nutcrackers.


It's so hard to get cameras to see glitter fabric anywhere near as pretty as it actually is. I've used that for Santa's hair, and the white cotton velvet for all his fur cuffs and hat pom. It came out absolutely perfect, and when the blocks are joined, I'll finish the star that will overlap the seam.


I'll probably stayed focused on only these two BOMs while I'm still working on remodel stuff - which I see lasting another 4 or 5 weeks. I do start working at the longarm again tomorrow - mornings for work on the house, afternoons for quilting. So I may just have other things to share again some time soon.  :)

Right now, I shall banish this adorable pest so I can get my valances cut out. . . 


Now it's your turn!

How are things at your place? Have you been able to do any BOM work lately? 


~*~*~

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.

3 comments:

  1. The houses are very pretty. They are more detailed than most house blocks I've seen, they look like they would take awhile to make but very nice. You are doing such a good job of applique with your nutcrackers. Happy stitching and the remodeling will be finished someday and you will be so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home improvements certainly took a toll on my sewing this year! But my painting is done and all that is left is the backsplash in the kitchen, swapping out outlets and switches and replacing a storm door and none of these are anything that I can do alone. Add in the loss of my beloved Max in June, the addition of a rambunctious dog 2 weeks later and I am really, really, really, looking forward to a quilt retreat in 3.5 weeks!

    Your Santa is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.