Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, August 12, 2018

BOMs Away - A Detour


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I'm back to having no BOM work to share right now - too busy working on this mess!


I finally convinced Scott to let me change the trim in our master suite over to white, and we have some moderate bathroom remodeling to do - some aesthetic (like upscaling the vanity), and some necessary, like deconstructing the incorrectly-built bathtub surround to be able to do some plumbing repairs. 


Lost a window pane today when a drill bit broke and went flying. We were both very glad it hit there, and not in someone's face or gut!!


That hearth corner is getting a makeover, too, when the tiles arrive. I'm looking forward to crafting a beautiful new mantle now that I have some great ideas. Might as well embrace the challenge of the hard work since our remodel was far "too small" for any of the area contractors to put on their job lists. . .  I have a real love/hate relationship with all this mess and work!  :D


I am so very happy with the brighter, more harmonious look of the white with my blue. Once I've finished with the detail changeover and painting, I'll get working on some formal valance treatments. Shopping for the fabrics has been fun, and now that I've found the perfect choices for both rooms, I'll put them on order tomorrow.

How are things at your place? Have you been able to do any BOM work lately? 

~*~*~

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of the white trim with the blue! My kind of colors. This will be beautiful when you are finished but living with the mess is rather overwhelming at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of hard work, but it will look so nice! We just repainted my bedroom and we have two other rooms we are going to be giving some attention to, so I undertsrand the love/hate relationship with the work and mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Yay! A facelift in the home is a wonderful pick me up...well, after it is done. The during part isn't as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that's a minor redo I hate to see a major one!! LOL. Can't wait to see the window treatments you make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.