Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, June 18, 2018

BOMs Away - Nutcrackers: The Mouse King


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

For those of you in the U.S., I hope you had a nice Father's Day yesterday. I was wrapped up in fostering Scott's spotlight for that and totally forgot to post BOMs Away at the normal time!

I got about halfway finished with the star border on my "Star Crazy" (no pics yet), but my share this week is block 3 for my "Classic Nutcrackers".

The Mouse King has all his applique now! 



These guys are moving quickly through my evening stitch times, and while I feel a little guilty that my other hand-applique projects are being neglected, I'm taking advantage of the momentum that's rolling for this one - I may just have #4 finished to share next week! Saturday I spent a couple hours going through my scrap bins and stash to pull fabrics for the next 4 nutcrackers so I have the option to keep riding the wave or shift back to another handwork BOM when the fourth nutcracker is finished.

Have you done any BOM work lately?

~*~*~

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



2 comments:

  1. The nutcracker looks very nice. You've done a good job with the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful appliqué on your nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.