Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, September 17, 2017

BOMs Away - Blackbelt Test Prep & Octopus


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I haven't finished a BOM block to share, as we're on overload at Taekwondo to get ready for our Blackbelt test in 3 weeks.

Like yesterday, when we had to run a 5K at 0630, followed by 200 pushups, 200 situps, "and other exercises" for the physical fitness part of the test.



And today, several of us met at the dojang to work on board breaks together. After yesterday's crazy stuff, everyone's favorite stretch was this one:


Getting up from it was another matter. . .   lol!

My splits leave a lot to be desired - 


And check it out - I just now discovered my phone can make GIFs, making it cool to watch one of Scott's practice kicks. . . 


With my Lupus stuff, it's super tricky managing the extra physical activity, so pretty much when I'm not at practice or working on forms at home, I have compulsory bed rest. 

Which means nothing else that isn't crucial happens until after the Big Day. That includes quilting. :( At least I have some great handwork projects to give me something to do!

I've got a good start on the next Octopus's Garden block:


~*~*~ 

Have you done any BOM work recently? Hopefully you're able to function at your normal level right now.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I need a nap just reading about your training - good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying all goes well and you are strong for your day. Cute block you're working on, Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your octopus Garden. Good for you keeping in shape. If I had it to do over,....yada yada....grin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.