Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 21, 2017

BOMs Away - Happy Distraction :)


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Month projects and then not finish them? 
Or do you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Well, this is a slow month for BOM work! I've only accomplished work on my hand-work BOMs, with a fair bit of progress on Octopuses Garden block 1 and Fiesta Mexico block 3.


But most importantly, I got the room for the longarm cleared out, painted, and then. . . 

This!!

The new green is nowhere near this neon in real life :)
My Millie is all set up, ready for some attention soon! First I'll read through a bunch more stuff and watch the DVD I got from Myrna. I'll also take the initial class for owners. After NINE years of saving up, and that ginormous check, I'm not eager to mess something up because of ignorance. But I'm getting itchy to load up one of the 35 tops hanging in my closet and try out my first pantograph on it. :D

Getting it together was a family affair over a couple of days, but as Myrna and Laura assured me, we were perfectly capable of doing it ourselves, even with the few extras that I'd bought for it. Nice to save the set-up fee!


In the next weeks, I'll be painting the trim and closet doors white, replacing the bedroom door with a french door so I don't feel closed in (want to keep the cats out of there), and installing good overhead lighting. First, though, I'll finish up Lori's quilt on the domestic machine. 

And despite the fact that we don't live in Australia, we got at least 14 inches of snow three days ago! It was a perfect day for tea, and Navarre made this pic so awesome with his photobombing. . .  

May 18th

Colorado weather entertains me so much!

How has your work gone? Did you get something done on a BOM project?


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting a longarm!!! I'm so excited for you. I know you wanted one for a long time and I think you picked the best one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.