Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BOMs Away - Fancy Forest Flimsy!!



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Oh, gosh, you guys! My head is so crammed right now with wedding organization and the fitting/sewing of 14 outfits that I can't remember anymore what I have and haven't taken care of in my personal realm. Sorry this is so late!

I even finished my Fancy Forest quilt top the morning I put these posts up!!


Isn't it wonderful, particularly under the pines we are fortunate to live under? It's no mystery why this quilt called to me.

Here's a wee bit of the real sewing that's going on here:


Tudor wrists on the three ladies-in-waiting gowns I need to do up. There is the bridal gown, of course, two moms, two dad, a groom, 4 squires, and a flower girl - maybe a second if there's time to do that one up as well. Luckily, one of the bridesmaids is a costume major who's doing her own, and she'll be traveling here from California a full week before the wedding (mid-December) to help with hems, adjustments, and last minute decor. Bless her~!!  :D 

An hour or two of quilting time on BOM day is a wonderful break for complete ME time to do something that is my normal sphere of creation and doesn't carry the mental intensity of figuring out all the pattern adjustments for various bodies. But I am enjoying the clothing saga, and the items are coming out so pretty. 

~*~*~*~

Have you done any BOM work this past week or so?

9 comments:

  1. That quilt turned out amazing! I love it. Good luck with that other sewing :) it looks like a lot but fun and well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful. Can't wait to see the wedding garments, though. It's good that you'll have a little help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Woodland quilt is stunning - and the setting for your photo couldn't be any more perfect. Ah to have your precision piecing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette, that quilt is the most gorgeous project I've seen in awhile! You placement choice of the blocks and your background fabric are perfect. This is SO DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone already used up the good words....How about your quilt is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful quilt! I stopped by to see how things were going, are you no longer blogging? Thank you for all that you have done over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see your Fancy Forest...are you still doing BOMs Away?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.