Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, May 18, 2015

BOMs Away Monday - Bridal Showe



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


 I am so grateful for Blog-World quilting friends!  :D  Thank you so much to the couple of you who sent me notes this week to check in on me. I apologize for missing the link-up last week.

I have Lupus, so my energy can get zapped pretty seriously during stressful or happily-chaotic times, and right now is certainly one of those. Also, I haven't been able to touch a single quilting "thing" for a full two weeks now, due to pressing wedding matters. Today is going to have a wee bit of recovery time in that regard with some hand work on the wedding quilt, and whole lot of time in bed to stave off a full-blown Lupus flare.

The weekly link-up is down below, but first, here are a couple of bridal shower pics for some visual interest. ;D

Saturday we had a shower for Devon. Once folks started arriving, I didn't have time to take pics (glad young friend, Erika, did for me! Can't wait to get those)!



It was cool to have a slideshow of pics of Devon & Kyle playing on the big-screen TV during the party. People loved it, and I'm glad young folks could figure out how to do that, because I sure couldn't! lol


These Tuxedo Oreos and Engagement Ring Donuts were a hit.


And we have a lot of full-family friends, so this is the direction we wanted to take with the party games, rather than a bachelorette-style approach. (Although our oldest daughter's boyfriend asked if I was going to have strippers, and I said, "Oh, yes! That would be Scott [my husband], you, and Joe - stripping the peeling paint off the deck outside while we're having the party. . . "   hah~!)  The best game was a rendition of Pin-the-Veil-on-the-Bride, and was as much fun for the older crowd to watch as it was for the younger people to play!  



I used a dress from a shower decorations pack that's about 14 inches tall for the base. Then I printed Devon's face, some shoes and earrings, a bouquet, etc., and made a little veil from party cellophane and a bit of lace. Laminated the pieces and looped tape onto the backs for the girls to stick up there. If you need more pieces, print out some arms, legs, more jewelery, hair decorations, etc.  Come to think of it - what a fun game for little girls' birthday party, even. . . Build The Birthday-Girl. . . 

So, anyway - back to our quilters' world interests. . . 

Did any of you get some BOM work done in the last couple of weeks?  



5 comments:

  1. Pin the Veil looks like a Hoot, and something similar could be incorporated in a bachelorette party as well, haha ;-)
    Everything looks beautiful, good on you Lyn, now go quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pin the Veil looks hilarious! What a special time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest well so you can continue to enjoy this special time ... Your quilting will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paint "strippers"...what a hoot you are Lyn!
    It's difficult to rest enough and take care of yourself when you're the MOB and have so many things you want to do. I just said a prayer for you. Rest as much as you can, so you will be able to enjoy this amazing time in Devon's and your family's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure do see how you are busy - life is full! Love your creative idea for the bride's veil. You are too clever! Don't beat yourself up too badly for not quilting. Goodness, but you do need to take care of yourself! Just enjoy. Time passes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.