Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, March 16, 2015

BOMs Away - Go get 'em, Kyle!



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately. 
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


I did zero quilting work yesterday, which means no BOM work here to report this week.

Instead, we spent the day celebrating Kyle's long-sought entrance to the Marines. Staff Sgt. Green picked him up in the evening to report for Basic Training. We won't see him for 13 weeks, and then it'll be a whirlwind wedding so they can use his post-Basic leave for some honeymooning before the rest of his initial training. So Devon will be mopey since she won't see him for a while, and I'm actually rather heartsick myself since he's now left our home for good (he's been living in our lower level for six months, which is a mother-in-law-to-be's dream, to be honest). 

Go smash it, Kyle - we know you'll succeed and look forward to greeting the better man you'll be on the other side! The Crucible? No problem! You got that when it comes!!











~*~*~*~*~
Did any of you guys get some work done on your BOMs?

6 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

It's great seeing what a close knit family you have! Great photos! Best wishes to him in basic training!

A Nudge said...

Another military family. God bless you!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations to Kyle for being accepted into the marines!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I always liked "the boyfriend in the basement", it sounds like every father's dream :). Congratulations to Kyle, I know you are all proud of him.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great family photos.

Soma Acharya said...

Lovely photos! Congratulations to Kyle!! My very best wishes for him!

-Soma