Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, January 30, 2015

Flimsy Alert! ~ "Fancy Me a Rainbow"

Hi there! I got my rainbow top put together a few days ago! To say I love it is an understatement, and it takes all my discipline to bag everything I'm supposed to get finished right now (including a commission) so I can just quilt this up Right Now.  :)



It's something like 60 x 65 inches. I t's an original design that I developed by playing around with colored pencils and graph paper to maximize a fat eight bundle of "Fancy" that my daughter gave me for Christmas. I coupled it with a low-volume text fabric from a Wizard of Oz collection and a fat quarter of gray that was in my stash.

 I'll be working up a pattern when I can get some more settlement to my days in a couple of weeks (a lot going on in the background of Life at the moment).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Linking up at:

Can I get a Whoop! Whoop!


TGIFF is at Devoted Quilter this week
 (main site here)

20 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love that it looks like diagonal piecing while it is just straight strips. Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter will be so impressed, & so cool too that you used the fabric right away. Bright & Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, got to love that! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a rainbow quilt... this one's a stunner! I also like your UFO Firing Range in the sidebar... clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the layout and use of colors and fabrics ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love the layout and use of colors and fabrics ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt! I love your rainbow colors and the design. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool pattern! This one really has eye appeal! I love rainbow quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is very awesome and so original Lyn! Excellent use of those pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful! Rainbow quilts are always fun. Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so wonderful, the design and colors just make it a happy quilt. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this a lot!! The way you've used the colours is brilliant and the layout is so eye-catching. I can see why it's hard not to drop everything and get onto quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wow! What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is such a gorgeous beauty. I love it. Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So bright and cheery. Great design,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.