Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, September 15, 2014

BOMs Away Monday



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.
 
I did not work on Ruffled Roses at all (the second-Sunday BOM). Did get Preface & ch. 1 revamps worked out to my advisor's satisfaction and finished ch. 5 to send over to him.
Working crazily on ch.6 right now, which is a coordinated jumble of research notes and bits of finished draft. 35 pages at the moment to be smoothed into 20 or fewer.
 
Here's some eye candy for you, though. Brooches made by Japanese American WWII internees in the Topaz center in Utah. They got the shells from the surrounding desert, and used paints and fingernail polish to color them. Aren't they amazing?
 
 
This shot is from the book The Art of Gaman, by Delphine Hirusana, which is really terrific to browse through.
 
~*~*~*~*~

Have you done any work on your BOMs recently?

1 comment:

  1. No BOMs for me. Actually, no sewing at all! Have had company, and will be visiting family. I miss my sewing room! With all your research work, I bet you miss yours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.