Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, June 29, 2014

BOMs Away - Heart & Home, and Around the House



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.
 
It was a great morning for sewing - Scott had to work a 9-hour shift, so I spent my heart's content of time with my machine. Got the piecework finished on the last of the main houses, and put together the four cornerstone houses. That leaves the applique additions on the main houses and the 4 appliqued border blocks.
 
 
 
I had those blocks arranged nice and straight, but Navarre had a different idea, so the aesthetic tilts are courtesy of this cheeky boy sticking his tongue out at us.  ;D
 
 
 
 
I also used the window to trace the patterns onto the backs of block 2 and block 3 for Fiesta Mexico. It'll be a very long time before these get pulled out, but at least they're ready to go when I get there.

 
 
 
I'm hoping the clouds that are starting to build hold off long enough for Scott to get home soon and grill some steaks. We've had more rain this spring/early summer than last year. For some reason the peonies don't seem to like that. There are a lot fewer out this year than last year, but those that are showing up are nice and full.
 
 
 The Columbine around the house sure does love the extra water,
 
 
 
 and I don't remember seeing any of these irises at all last year, which have popped out beautifully in some of our shaded areas.
 
 
 
And speaking of popping, the poppies are also thriving this year. I want to try harvesting the seeds for baking.  :)

 

~*~*~*~*~

How about you? Have you finished any BOM work recently?

4 comments:

  1. Those flowers are something!! Love he blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. Our columbines ( or Grandma's Bonnets as we call them) are really good this year aswell. No BOMs for me this week, they are all due out tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you applique those tiny cats into the windows? Navarre looks so good against those colors, someone is growing up :). The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house with the fence and cats in the window! Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.