Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, June 1, 2014

BOMs Away Monday - Pat and Ruffled Roses



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.
 
 
I didn't do today's half-day of BOM sewing - it's the last day of our guest's visit, and we took him out for some family shooting range fun. More out-and-about activities planned for this absolutely gorgeous day, so I just have the slowly-progressing evening handwork to share for now. For the moment, though, while they're outside doing this work, I can put this post up for the weekly link.  :)
 
 
 
This is one of the cornerstones for the baskets border on the Ruffled Roses BOM quilt that I work on each 2nd Sunday. (I do the machine-work that day - these handwork pieces get worked on about 5 evenings a week or at appointments.) This block still needs . . . (lemme count) . . . 12 more berries before it's ready for incorporation. Two additional berries go on over the seam lines after it's sewn to the other border pieces.


 
The other three cornerstones are at these stages. I only have 4 berry templates for this circle size, and I usually get 4 pre-made berries sewn on, 4 more basted onto the templates for the next time, and then maybe one element stitched on another square before that night's show is finished. Yesterday I "reloaded" each of these squares with their next layers. Back-basters will recognize the process, and you can see how I just use up scraps as I go along.  :) 



This is my absolute favorite method for beautiful needle-turn applique, and it lives in a sofa-side tote that travels exceedingly well to places I know I'll have to sit and wait. Maybe I'll even finish these four cornerstones by the time I have all the swag border blocks sewn up!


 
 ~*~*~*~*~
Now it's your turn to share any BOM progress you have lately.  :)
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm not working on any BOMs at the moment, but love yours. Where can I read more about that technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Karen, above, I'm not working on a BOM either. My hand work is EPP. Seeing your back-basted appliqué has me wanting to do it! Maybe after the EPP is done, I'll make appliqué my next take-along project. Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique is great. How exactly do you work the applique like this?...is it marked on the backside so you know where to baste the pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much patience! I can't even hand-stitch a binding anymore. I need to work on some handsewing but blah. Never have the patience for non-instantaneous results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not working on any BOM's at the moment, but I love the yellow you are using for your background. That is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love your cornerstone block.....gorgeous Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that 'Time to Stitch!' bag!
    Gorgeous applique Lyn, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the yellow background on your blocks. It's so great to see different colors used - goes so well with the purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.