Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, June 15, 2014

BOMs Away - Heart & Home



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.
 
It's Father's Day here in the States, so here's a shout-out to my Dad:
 
ca. 1961, around age 20
 
I can see why my mother fell for him.  :)
 
My Dad has done some pretty cool things. In 2008 he drove from a business trip in Ohio to go to my graduation in Maryland, he flew out to Florida in 2012 to help us load up the moving van and move all the cars across the country to Colorado, this past holiday season he took the entire extended family on a Christmas cruise in the Caribbean, and back in elementary school, when none of the moms wanted to do it, he took up the mantle of Girl Scout Leader. I'm pretty sure our Junior troop got to do more camping than the others. . Thanks, Dad!!
 
 
So - - - BOM business!  
 
 
 
I did my sewing for this Sunday's BOM work a couple days ago so I wouldn't be at the machine on my honey's Father's Day. Got block 3 pieced for Heart & Home. I can't believe how much faster these go when the pieces are already cut out! (I did that for all the blocks a few months ago.)  It still gets a 3-yo-yo flower tree appliqued onto it whenever I get to that stage for this quilt top.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
And how about you? Did you get any BOM work squared away recently?  :D
 

2 comments:

  1. Great Dad you have, not many would head up a Girl Scout troop! Thank you for hosting and I love your latest house edition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest house block, the little flowers in the windows and wreath on the door are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.