Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 13, 2014

BOMs Away Monday - Ruffled Roses



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Lots of sewing today! I was bad and completely ignored the taxes. But it sure was nice to get some visible progress on Ruffled Roses again!

Sewed 12 border seams to get the 4-patch on-point border floated onto the quilt and finish the month 5 work. So it went from this:



 
to this:




And I did all the month 6 sewing since everything is all cut out now.  Three more swag blocks:
 
 
 
 
 
And 4 of the basket blocks:






My back is unhappy after so much sitting - even with the up-and-down for pressing, but it's nice to have my piecing machine back from the shop and working happily again.  I really thought I'd get a call that it was beyond fixing, but $50.00 is all it took.  I'm a happy woman.  :D


So how about you? Did you get any work done on your BOM type projects lately?




12 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely, and that's a lot of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there's certainly a lot of work done, and to do, in the Ruffled Roses quilt. Looking terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fabulous quilt, the swag blocks look great. I am looking forward to seeing them on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, nada. No work done at all on any of the BOMs. Maybe next week. I do love your quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Quilt is fantastic. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the piecing machine's return! I love Ruffled Roses - the colors are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love watching this quilt grow, it is really a beauty.
    $50. seems like a steal for any machine service!
    Have fun with those taxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Ruffled Roses is really gorgeous!
    Every round you sew is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Ruffled Roses is amazing! I can see how much work has gone into it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruffled Roses is stunning! I love your colors, and all that piecing and work is very impressive. Getting that 4-Patch on Point border to fit is an achievement. I like your swag and basket blocks, too. Glad your machine is still on duty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is gorgeous! That border is impressive in its precision.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting your machine back! You REALLY got some work done! I can't wait to see this quilt completed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.