Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, February 10, 2014

BOMs Away - Ruffled Roses




Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.
 
 
 
Sorry to post later than usual - we decided to run out to watch "Monuments Men," and I fluffed off on blogging stuff!
 
Before that, I got the other three 4-patch borders put together - they were a bit of a bear. I'd wanted to work out the floater borders and get everything attached to the quilt, but by the time I was attaching the turning ends and finishing triangles to each length, I had to unsew seams 4 times in a row. Not a good time to tackle quilting math!   ;D  
 
 
 
 
 
So, I'll put them on next month. I did get all the swag pieces cut out for the rest of the months. Last month, when I did the swag sections for this set, I had to cut little single pieces from each of the 16 colors.
 
 
 
 
 
 I really don't want to do that 8 times over, so I spread the remaining 7 instruction sets around my table and cut all of each color at a time. Double-checked it all and stacked it neatly. When I pull it all out again in March, I'll do the same thing for the basket pieces, and then each month will be so much easier!
 
 
 
 
 By the way - how has your week been? It's been crazy cold here with lots of snow. For the first time, the slope up our cul-de-sac defeated the Mini Mouse, and she had to spend a night tucked in with the Ponderosas down below.
 
 
 
 
 
And I'm thinking we need Alaska windows, or something!  That frost there - when it was *minus 20F* it was on the insides as well as the outsides!
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
So how about you? Have you done any work on your BOM or other interval work lately?

(They've changed the coding again at InLinkz, so hopefully this'll work today!)

9 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous, but I know it's way too cold. Love your borders and your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea about the cutting! I'll have to try and remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Colorado Springs made the list (#16) of the 25 coldest cities in US. Brrrr. But that didn't stop you from movie night - or quilting. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are at the beginning of our Spring warming trend and I am certainly ready for it. You know we aren't used to real winter down here and don't want to be. I saw -19 there one day last week (our son lives in CS) and so was grateful for the 30 we were having. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors in that quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot kitty's name, but he is very vocal eh? He looks like a cheerleader , telling you 'good job, you have not lost your mind & the borders will now fit just right!'
    Brr, it looks cold at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the swags and borders you have made already can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you like Monuments Men?
    Your car looks like a toy among those tall trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in favor of your quilting kitty.......you are doing a fabulous job! Cutting is my least favorite thing to do when it comes to quilting! I would rather be sitting behind the machine! Especially in frigid conditions like you have been having!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.