(Actually, it's been finished for a week, but I never could remember to take pictures in the morning - there's really only a one-hour window right now for light that gets the colors right.)
For the quilting, I did stitch-in-ditch on all the chains, using some pretty dark violet Madeira rayon thread I had on hand. I did FMQ in the butterfly fields - used a nice sky blue, chose 1 or 2 or 3 butterflies to highlight, and meandered in the rest. I didn't want the quilting to get too heavy because we wanted minky on the back and I wanted to keep the drape super soft. And since we had minky with all its forgiving fluff, I used a bobbin color of the same thread to match the back instead of the color being quilted on the front. There are only a couple of tiny turn points of the violet that peek through, so I'm happy.
Love the way the back looks. :D Becca was very choosy with the minky color samples I had. She wanted one that would highlight the butterfly colors. She did a great job.
I discovered the joys of "Paint" recently and patched together a fun butterfly label.
It's all ready and waiting for her to snuggle under for our next weekly Movie Night!