Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Didn't mean for that to happen. But it did.

 Oh, dear.

Grief is not conducive to sticking to no-purchase resolves. I caved on two quilts that have been calling to me all year.

Sage & Sea Glass Star Chain quilt, by Kim Diehl, using her fabric line of the same name:


And Harmony, by Nancy Dink, which will be perfect on the bed of the basement room:


And now I found the pattern for this one, and it would be a great use of all the Halloween scraps I have. Wonder if I have enough of something for the background on hand already. . . "Scaredy Cat" by Jedi Craft Girl.


So, three quilts screaming at me, two purchases. I guess it could have been worse. . . 

And it's cheaper than a psychologist, eh?  

3 comments:

  1. Awww, bless you Lynette.... whatever helps one to glide through grief is just fine. I've recently lost my Mum, so I truly know. I'm sorry for your loss.
    These are lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome patterns! Nothing wrong with a little stash enhancement to chase the blues away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette, Sage and Sea Grass Star is amazing! That border just makes it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.