My priority WIP work is almost finished. Here are Heather's Llamas during the roll-back to do the face and fur fills. That's all that is left for this cute quilt. It involves a thread change, so I finished everything else to the end first and dabbed out my register marks for carrying the lines across the llamas. I left it hanging loose overnight to evaporate those spots before rolling it back up on the front bar. I've learned that it can be challenging to keep tension perfectly happy when you're quilting a mix of fibers, and linen is a very stretchy fabric compared to cotton! The pro side of that is that it's fairly easy to manipulate to square things up. The con side is that tension is "interesting" when you're moving back and forth on sections of different fibers.
During my quiet early-morning work times, I've moved another 17 in 2017 item to the next phase. I made the backing for my "Leaded Glass" quilt.
Nailed that match-up!
<~ That's a seam running down the right side, not a crease. :)
I also pre-shrunk its batting, so everything is ready to go. I'm thinking this will be a really nice quilt to have on the frame during our snowy February days.
Lorna's Let's Bee Social,
Julie's Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE
Sarah's Whoop, Whoop!
Meridithe's 17 in 2017