Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WIP - Laurel Burch Christmas fun

Quilting this right now!
(pieced Christmas 2012)


{Addendum: In answer to a visitor's question, this pattern was a freebie. It is "Holiday Celebrations," designed by September Olson for Clothworks and the Laurel Burch Holiday Celebration fabric collection. It's still available at this link.}
http://www.clothworks.com/media/productmedia/2081/holidaycelebrationsquilt.pdf


Finished all the walking foot work - (have yet to damp-wipe the chalk off the 7 ornaments  that have been done with this foot)



Everything's stitched in the ditch for stability, plus a little gold work on the ornament holders. I worked up the ornaments that I wanted to use accent lines and specialty stitches from my machine on. The 5 remaining ornaments will be done with free motion work. The background fill on that red will be the very last task.

The first FMQ work, though, is the easy-peasy! FUN outlining on the border stripes:



I really love how these reindeer are turning out!

~*~*~*~
linking up at Let's Bee Social and WIP Wednesday

17 comments:

dq said...

This is absolutely a fun and festive quilt! I love it!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a wonderful Christmas quilt. The cute deers will have you smiling as you quilt them.

Renee said...

How pretty! The quilting add such a nice, sparkly detail.

LA Paylor said...

What a fun quilt!! I am jealous you have one ready for the holidays!! L:EeAnna at not afraid of color

Suz J said...

Looks like you are having fun with this quilting - after the precision of the double wedding ring quilt it will be nice to be able to let your hair down and play.

Wonky Girl said...

What a fun quilt ! Love Laurel Burch, she would be smiling to see how you used her wonderful fabrics.

Debbie said...

Nice timing! Love this quilt too!

Lorna McMahon said...

Such a fun and festive quilt! And what a pretty photo, too. Your quilting is complimenting this rich design perfectly. Nice work, Lynn!

Quiltdivajulie said...

FUN FUN FUN! I have a few smallish pieces of LB Christmas fabric left from the 3 Celebrations quilts . . . The large ornaments in your quilt have given me an idea for how to use up my scraps!

Dana Gaffney said...

It's beautiful, her fabric is so perfect for the holidays. I love the reindeer.

Heidi said...

Wow, this is beautiful, I love Laurel Burch - especially for holidays!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a cute quilt - love it

Gari in AL said...

That is really a beautiful quilt. And I know you will have fun with all the quilting cuz you are making it a real quilt (meaning finished).

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such fun! Way tooooo cute!

Lara B. said...

What a wonderful scene your quilt and tree make together Lyn! It is interesting to me how you combine quilting with your walking foot and FMQ. I love the little details you are adding!

Clothesline Club said...

What a cute quilt. Any chance you would be able to tell me the name of the quilt pattern and designer. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Walker said...

I did a Laurel Burch quilt (a panel) last Christmas! It was such fun to FMQ. It's hanging right beside me in my sewing room. Such happy whimsical drawings she did, such a loss to the art world. Sniff. Absolutely adore her cats, and the white reindeer on your quilt is also on mine!!