Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIP - Finishing the Center

Been a while since I've done a WIP post. Still plugging away an hour each morning on my double wedding ring anniversary quilt. Putting the fill in now on the central focal area!



I used golden threads quilting paper to put in some personalization spots, like our initials, wedding year, 25th spot. . . And I "fenced" it off from the other rings which will all have the same design placed into them later.




Is it perfect? Not even. In particular, I'm dealing with tension issues while FMQing over the paper.




But it's pretty and it's getting finished - a far cry from my prior crippling need to have everything I do turn out perfectly. I'm so very glad I got over that!!



~*~*~*~
Linking up at
 
Angie's Hexie Fridays

Esther's WOW

Leah's Free Motion quilting
(which is what got me over my fear of FMQ to start with!)
 
 

26 comments:

  1. So far, so good...it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. I totally understand having to get over the need for perfection. The more you relax the better it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does pulling the paper out pull the stitches? The design is so good and effective. Touching.
    LeeAnna
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love your focal quilting in each of the rings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect to me. I am so impressed you are doing this on your regular machine and not a longarm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great! This is pretty ambitious, you should be proud

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DWR is coming along beautifully! Your doing great! Perfection is totally overated and sucks the life out of a girl. Keep up the beautiful work.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be my all time new favorite quilt. It is so wonderful. If Big Mick and I renew our vows will you make me one??? We have a 50th in 2 years........grin.....just kiddin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is such a romantic quilt from colour, fabrics, design, to the quilting, so so much love can be seen every where one looks. Think of your great grandchild one day touching it with reverence saying oh great gran put so so much love in to this quilt. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing! Love the personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm abysmally behind on blog-reading, so I'm happily surprised to see how far you've progressed on this quilt. Such a great job you're doing! Your quilting looks really good, so no more bad-mouthing about a lack of perfection. You are a very skilled FMQer. I'm looking forward to catching up on all your posts about quilty pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! Everything you do isn't perfect? ;). It always looks amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking gorgeous - love the personal touch you're adding to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly luscious:-)
    I mean YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilting Lyn! I tried free motion quilting over paper once. It ripped it to shreds.
    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad it's not perfect (trying to get over that neurosis myself), but you sure can't tell from these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your wedding ring quilt - and your quilting - that's one I have on my to do list...a lot cut out,,,need to get it done my December...and I think it will take me that ling.. Its not an easy one to do. Is yours for a gift?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, you are quilting your anniversary quilt. It looks so good. It has been a while since I have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply spectacular! And, like you, perfection to me is WAY overrated! Such beautiful symbolism in your anniversary quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilting on this is magnificent....beautiful choices for your motifs. And lovely hand work! It is a really beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.