Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Flimsy Alert: A Barbeque with the Squadron

Can I get a Whoop, Whoop!?   ;D   (Love Sarah's link-up - it's the perfect place to share flimsies!)
 
Sunday is my BOM work day, and this past week I got one of my old ones all the way assembled into a top ready to be quilted! 

After we finished the long drive circuiting the Denver metro area to take one kiddo to her college and the other to the airport (lengthened by freezing rain and snow), it was nice to work up the last seams for a great flimsy finish.

 
 
 
This baby's 79 x 90, and I'm thinking I'll change its name from the "Selvages" that it came with to "A Barbeque with the Squadron."  It's got an Americana color scheme going, and the alternate blocks keep making me think of little picnic blankets. . .  besides, there's not a selvage on the thing!  Oops - except we're looking at it upside down.

 
 
 
Now the baskets are sitting the right way. Although Scott says those basket blocks look like a big fish chomping down a bunch of little fish...  ;D   

This is the first quilt that Boo Girl has had a hard time staying off of - guess she likes these colors!

4 comments:

  1. That turned out so well! What great job you did on your filmsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know I'm in love with this quilt. I'm learning how to pin on Pinterest so I just pinned it. Hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It's lovely. I'm still digging that blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.