Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, October 6, 2013

BOMs Away - 7 Oct - Kelly's

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!


We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.
  
  


Woohoo!!  So, today I pulled out the month 12 work on Kelly's double set, and she'd already done a good bit of the work.  I just needed to put the outer edges on 12 of these blocks.



 
But I had a good chunk of sewing time, so I moved right on to assembling the two tops. Got quite a bit finished - both tops are in the four major rows now. I'll put those together next month, and hopefully there is appropriate fabric in my stash that will work for the borders. I know I have repro fabric that will be great for the backs, but I think it'll be too blah for the front borders, just blend in (not in a pretty way), instead of showcasing the main part.  But that's a problem for next month.  ;D
 
 
 
 
 
In the meantime, it sure was fun that her BOM tops are now in pieces large enough to need to be moved to the quilt top closet instead of going back on the shelf in the cabinet.
 
 
 
 
 
And I got a fun pick-me-up packet in the mail.  Carrie hosts the monthly UFO-busting parties that I find so helpful, and my name got chosen for September. She sent a book with terrific ideas great for future fall projects, a piece of gorgeous gold fabric that can play nice with many styles, and a pattern from New Beginnings. I confess it will be quite a while before I can work on that, but being a fan of Judy Niemeyer quilts, this one is right up one of my interest alleys! 
 
 
 
 
Have you worked on any of your BOMs or interval projects recently?

~*~*~*~*~
 Any projects broken into weekly or monthly units are welcome in addition to true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.
 

4 comments:

  1. I can't share because I have not sewn but wanted to say I love seeing how much you are getting done. Maybe I will be able to join you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make such good progress. There's nothing new here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got your package safe and sound. I know one day you might give the patterns a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.