I'm happy, because this week I get some new colors to work with! It's nice that I got both Dragonflies fully assembled, and their backs made, but I normally can't stand working with the same colors for that many weeks in a row. Apartment limbo forces changes on my modus operandi, though.
Oh! I also finished the Hawaiian aplique stage of that mini quilt. Unfortunately, all my batting is too far back in storage, and I'll have to wait until we're in the house to move this one forward.
Here is the last UFO project that escaped Deep Storage: "Quiet Rebellion on the Pond." I named it thus because when I was participating in my old guild's December 2010 block exchange, the layout I liked best broke the rules of how we were supposed to use the required colors. So I made a double set of blocks - one to turn in (that followed the rules) and one the way I liked them. Too bad my phone is taking such pitiful shots today. The colors are much nicer in real life.
Got its box opened and hung the center up.
Printed out the game plan (I'd designed this one in my EQ).
Cut the remaining "yardage" borders.
Went ahead and cut the binding while that fabric was out - LOVE how well it used up the piece, with only these triangles to put in the scrap bin!
Cut lots of squares for the flying geese border - 108 of those white suckers! (I'll use the 4-at-once method.)
And remembered to save some good selvage cuts for my future plans:
Today I will tackle the 108 flying geese that I need for that border!
Go ahead and check out what the others are up to at WIP Wednesday - there's some great eye candy and inspiration out there!